Experience. Innovation. Continuity.
aqua-concept GmbH emerged as a fully autonomous and independent company from a specialist unit of Bayrol Deutschland GmbH (leading European provider of water treatment for swimming pools).
- 1978: Schicht GmbH is founded
- 1991: aqua-concept GmbH is founded
- 2001: Take-over of business unit “System for water treatment in large motors: corrosion inhibitors and filter technology”
- 2010: Schicht GmbH becomes a full subsidiary of aqua-concept GmbH
Focus: drinking water hygiene (legionella control)
- 12/2010: Specialist on the German Federal Water Act for installing systems that are hazardous to water
- 4/2014: aqua-concept Polska Sp.z.o.o. is founded near Wrocław
- 1/2016: IKU award winner: Innovation award for climate and environment from the Federal Environment Ministry and BDI
- 1991: aqua-concept GmbH is founded with headquarters in Krailling nr. Munich.
- 1991: Sales office for northern region is opened.
- 1991: Sales office for western region is opened.
- 1991: Sales office for southern region is opened.
- 1998: Company relocates to Planegg nr. Munich to larger office and production spaces.
- 2000: BEDIA Filtersysteme and BEDIA Korrosionsschutzkonzentrate are taken over. Product lines are merged into the coracon brand.
- 2000: A worldwide distribution network for the coracon product family is developed while intensively evolving the aqua-concept product lines and services to always meet the increasing demands of our customers to the fullest.
- 2001: aqua-concept GmbH is certified according to DIN:ISO 9001:2000.
- 2001: A multi-functional AC-mat 310 automatic blowdown system is developed to control cooling water systems economically and ecologically.
- 2003: Relocation to Gräfelfing nr. Munich. After years of growth and continuous expansion of the offered services, it becomes necessary to move to larger premises with extensive additions to our production and warehouse capacities.
- 2005: The trademark coracon® (anticorrosive for cooling systems and sprinkler systems) is registered.
- 2008: Online marketing to end customers is launched with an online shop for solar and heating products.
- 2009: coracon® SOL series for solar thermal power is successfully developed and launched into production.
- 2009: The market successfully takes to the coracon® KS product series for application in heat pump technology / renewable energies.
- 2009: Despite the generally challenging economic development, the company can increase its sales volume by winning numerous new customers.
- March 2010: aqua-concept GmbH is DEKRA-certified and receives environmental certification compliant with DIN 14001:2005. aqua-concept’s practiced sustainable environmental protection is expanded further.
- 2010: Acquisition of Schicht GmbH WasserAufbereitungsTechnik (water treatment technology) as a logical company sequel of brothers Manfred and Reiner Schicht.
- July 2010: A host of new enquiries and rapid acquisition of new customers give aqua-concept double-digit growth figures.
- August 2010: The new tank filling unit starts operating, with a daily shift capacity of up to 2,500 10L canisters.
- August 2010: Schicht GmbH water treatment technology relocates to Gräfelfing. The production operation of the two companies is merged and extended. The entire production volume now clearly surpasses an annual threshold of 1,000 tons.
- March 2012: Production and office space are doubled to nearly 2,000m2following an increase in customer demand for products that averages 10% per year.
- 2013: Production increases to over 1,200 tons of speciality chemicals for water treatment per year. Export into over 24 countries continues to grow.
- February 2014: Office and warehouse footprint is extended to more than 2,400m².
- April 2014: Increasing demand for products in Poland leads to the foundation of the Polish subsidiary aqua concept Polska Sp. z o.o. in 55-300 Środa Śląska.
- December 2015: aqua-concept GmbH and the French company Amoeba S.A. sign a cooperation agreement, making aqua-concept the only company in Germany to be allowed to market BIOMEBA, the first biological biocide for disinfecting evaporative cooling plants and recooling plants.
- January 2016: aqua-concept GmbH and geoKOAX jointly receive the German 2015 innovation award for climate and environment (IKU) from the Federal Environment Ministry and BDI. The overall system, consisting of innovative geothermal probe technology and highly efficient heat transfer fluid, can even be used in potable water reserves.
- January 2016: The new coracon® GEKO WF is the first heat transfer fluid classified as non-hazardous to water (no-WHC).
- February 2016: For the first time, aqua-concept showcases its latest heating protection products and innovative heat transfer fluids at the Wels Energiesparmesse tradeshow.
- February 2016: At Europe’ s leading geothermal energy tradeshow in Offenburg, Germany, aqua-concept showcases its highly efficient and sustainable coracon® heat transfer fluids.
- April 2016: coragard® CS 342 is the first VdS-compliant anticorrosive and cleaning agent for sprinkler systems, marketed by aqua-concept.
- June 2016:aqua-concept now offers antifreeze measurements of heat transfer fluids compliant with the ASTM D 1177 standard
- September 2016: aqua-concept receives official permission from the Federal Institute for Occupational Safety and Health for Germany-wide test runs with the BIOMEBA biological biocide in evaporative cooling plants and recooling plants.
- October 2016: At Chillventa in Nuremberg, aqua-concept showcases novel ecological heat transfer fluids and innovative solutions for eco-conscious cooling tower hygiene, including BIOMEBA, the first biological biocide for disinfection in evaporative cooling plants and recooling plants.
- October 2016: The innovative no-WHC heat transfer fluids,coracon® GEKO W and coracon® GEKO WF, are whitelisted by the Regional Water Authorities (LAWA). They are the first no-WHC (non-hazardous to water) products for near-surface geothermal energy projects and have been designed in particular for regions with strict environmental constraints.
- August 2016: aqua-concept celebrates its 25th anniversary with a hearty raft trip on the river Isar.
- December 2016: The anniversary year of 2016 finishes with the highest annual sales figures in the company’s history.
- Consistently increasing numbers of requests from new customers acknowledge that our highly innovative products and services are positioned in line with market requirements.